SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I finally get to go out for a hunt. Although it's super hot here, I ventured out for the first time at this location. I came acrossed an old house next to a new home. I stopped at the new home since no one was home at the other, and it turned out that the older Gent at the new house owned the old one.
During My explaining why I was there and what I was wanting to do, I find out that he's a detectorist also. He said that he has a White XLT and he's already hunted the yard thoroughly.
Then he said I could try it if I felt like just swinging. I showed him My CTX, and he swung it around a bit. Then I headed over to the other house next door.
I was there about 3 minutes and the older Gent comes over to watch. I leave it on speaker so he can hear. I scan across what sounded to Me was a can. He insisted that I dig it, so I did, and it was a melted piece of aluminum.
He starts just watching and not wanting to dig everything. He heads over to go out the gate by where I was at and I got a nice signal. I told him to hold on that this sounded good. I dig the plug, and 4" below it I see a nice silver disk smiling at Me. He was in awe. It turned out to be a 1909 Barber Dime.
I only hunted half of the yard. I'll go back this evening when it's not so hot! Anytime I'm told that the yard I'm inquiring about has already been hunted, I take it as a Great Challenge. Not to show anyone up. Just knowing that no one can find everything, and there's always something left!!!
Happy Hunting to You All!!! IMG_5560.JPG IMG_5561.JPG
Went back and scored a WW1 Great Seal button and this funny brass dragon design. If anyone has any ideas to what the brass dragon is, please share.!!! Has Me puzzled. IMG_5565.JPG IMG_5566.JPG IMG_5567.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice dime! :occasion14:

BillyBixler

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2018
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is always more, I hunt all kinds of public place that have been hunted to death, never fails i always find something. I agree it is not in Oklahoma today the heat index is still 101 in Bartlesville.
Happy hunting!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I googled vintage brass dragon....
Lots of images of finials, lamp parts, hooks, candle holders, etc...
But nothing exactly like yours.....
But itโ€™s probably something like that

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That dragon is really a cool find - trying to think of what that was attached to ? I'd like to see it cleaned up , I'm thinking it is oriental and made of brass .

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The dragon just might be but not sure the top to a wind vane. It's a great find whatever it is.Congrats :icon_thumright:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds. I agree with you, I enjoy searching in yards that have already been hit. I see it as a challenge, and feel real good when I pull those items that others have missed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread