Oklahoma MD laws

kid iowa

Aug 7, 2005
I live in Ft. Gibson (right outside Muskogee) and I asked the local city hall and police station about the use of metal detectors in city parks and on school grounds and was told "I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure we don't allow metal detecting on city property." I asked if there was something in writing that I could see that could tell me for sure what was OK and what wasn't (I spent 12 years in the military, and if I learned anything, it's that if it isn't in black and white it don't mean squat) and the lady got in a huff and refused to look up or give me information as to where to look up the answer for myself. My question:

Is there a standard code or section of the law that I can look up that concerns metal detecting? thanks in advance. Jim

OP
OP
K

kid iowa

Aug 7, 2005
I did, they referred me to the police and city hall. Kind of frustrating when you have to deal with a bunch of "I think...." people.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
You too can contact the school superintendant's office for a request of permission. I also have Chuck Marcum's # if you want to PM me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread