Oklahoma Proven

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I normally only post the good stuff, but I've been busy with school and haven't really been around. Today I went out to a local park, which had a BBQ fest over the weekend. I must say that I was a little disappointed ANNNNDDD I got swindled out of one of my quarters by the cutest 3 year old, who then brought me a stick, a dirt clod and one of those plants that is like velcro and sticks to your shirt. Wish I had gotten a picture of that stuff. At any rate, I originally found 2 pennies, 2 dimes...oops 3, I just found the other in my pocket, and 2 quarters, all clad. A super cricket lighter, haven't seen one of these since I was a kid, a lead fishing weight, a black handle, a Vanderbilt button, and an Oklahoma Proven! tag. Not that it matters, but Oklahoma Proven is a plant promotion program coordinated by faculty in the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture at Oklahoma State University. The goal of the program is to recommend plants well-adapted for use across Oklahoma. The only thing I managed to prove is that my metal detector is still mad at me for lying dormant for so long. Of course I found the regular junk, but I never remember to take pictures before I empty my pockets into the dumpster.

The second picture is from my grandmother's house. She has lived in it for the better part of 60 years. I found a few wheaties too, but again, with everything going on they went in the wheatie pile before I took their picture. Sorry to be so scatter brained. The only bright side to all of this insanity is that I will have a Bachelor's in a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_20130506_205201.jpg
    IMG_20130506_205201.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20130506_210331.jpg
    IMG_20130506_210331.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 1

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done a whole lot worse.I'd say there's some silver waiting for ya at you're grandmother's house. Congrats on getting you're bachelor's.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing that's proven in my part of Oklahoma is that it's May and the soil here is about as dry as August already. Looks like were in for more drought this year.

OP
OP
BixbyTreasure

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, granny's house is 200 miles away. :( Thank you in regards to my bachelor's. @jewelerguy...SHHHHH, we'll have none of that kind of talk around here.

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am JEALOUS! I start my third term tomorrow and finish my bachelor's in IT in June 2012. I really wish I could say I get mine in a few days. Congrats on the degree and the hard work involved, I really understand. Just think of all the excess time you can now spend swinging the detector. Good luck in the future on the career interests and MDing. :icon_thumleft:

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PhD is not that far off! Do they offer one in Detecting? Good luck from a guy born and raised in Oklahoma!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions