Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The size of the aging boom is staggering. Every day for the next few decades, thousands of baby boomers will turn 65. That's in addition to the oldest-old, the 85- to 90-somethings whose numbers have grown by nearly one-third in the past decade, with no signs of slowing.

By 2050, 1 in 5 Americans will be seniors. Worldwide, almost 2 billion people will be 60 or older, 400 million of them over 80.

Last year, East Harlem became the city's first "aging improvement district." Sixty stores, identified with window signs, agreed to put out folding chairs to let older customers rest as they do their errands. The stores also try to keep aisles free of tripping hazards and use larger type so signs are easier to read. A community pool set aside senior-only hours so older swimmers could get in their laps without faster kids and teens in the way.

------------------------------------
is it time to prepare and incorporate very old age friendly living in this country?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
is it time to prepare and incorporate very old age friendly living in this country?

Noting needs to be done, or moved on; until I need it :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I think so.Those of us who were teens in the late 40's and early 50's are attempting to 'chop/channel' and lower our scooter chairs and boost the output.Moth balls in the tank ain't no good anymore.Maybe tuck and roll the seats.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Farmer chick, I love those senior discounts. $2 off a haircut; actually it's less work for them, 20% off at the good will store; actually my favorite shopping place besides BJ's. I think the reason for it is it is hard living on social security and as people live longer they are running out of the savings they thought they could live on. Now that you are getting older, you will learn to love it, after all you are probably only about 20 years behind me. Frank

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I don't get no haircut /beard trim discount ! I still got all my hair . Dentist is the same ! Wants the same amount of money for a visit to take care of 8 teeth as she would charge for a mouthfull . :icon_scratch:
Go figger ................

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 49 and 50 is looming, yet every Thurs. if I shop at the grocery they give me the senior citizen discount...5% off...for people 60 and over. Huh, are they trying to tell me something? but I love that discount!!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Farmer chick, I was only about 4 years off. Actually I like the senior discount better than cupons that I hate to fool with. Of course I couldn't resist the two for one Subway cupon I used today Frank

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol I love subway actually. a sandwich is way better than McDs anyday to me lol

with the way prices etc. are heading, any discount combined with a coupon etc is the way to go....our pizza places around here are practically giving them away...they are in a price war and the customer wins, eh, if you can live on pizza ---- but companies are giving out good deals to stay alive and get your dollar...wonder when the whole middle class won't have a dollar to spend, might be soon :laughing7:

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hmmmm......

Just as long as none of you young 'uns start talking about the "Soylent Green Solution"! LOL!! (I think!)

Sky Pilot

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
FarmerChick said:

Noting needs to be done, or moved on; until I need it :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7:

I agree with my buddy Spart. I refuse to get old! :headbang: :help:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if being old gets me discounts -- ok call me old . -- :wink: :icon_thumright: 50 + gimme da money .

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like I am being Cheated... ??? Dang Grey Hair Anyway......

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
I would like to refuse to get old, too, but I was a little slow coming to that decision. LOL.

S

stefen

At one time when riding in Harley shirt, I could always say 'IF YOU CAN READ THIS - DA BITSH FELL OFF'...

Now, as we age, I can't get rid of her :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• GETTIN OLD.jpg
    GETTIN OLD.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 314

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Farmer chick, The pizza place near me dropped their price to $5 for about a month, now they are gone. Subway coupon specials- 6" flatbread sandwich for $1 with purchase of any drink, free mornin melt with purchase of any drink, buy one 6" sub and get one free. Frank

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep its true getting old SUCKS , but it beats the hell out out of the only other option - not getting old (DEATH) .

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East Harlem eh?......that's old Spanish Harlem. They got any of those folding chairs left??
I don't mind the younger women in the pool at all. ;D

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I hear you on the subway deals Frankn....they are good ones, heck I can't buy groceries for less than what they are selling there sandwiches...and I like subway so that is a plus!

wow on the pizza biz gone....restaurants are hurting for sure.

plus now, I noticed many of the older cruddy food places are going under, people want MORE quality for their buck. I am like that now. I go only to good restaurants cause if I am going to spend that money, I want to like the meal...not a slop buffet somewhere lol

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
When I eat out it is usually Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans. Sometimes I go on the cheap with a corn beef ruben at Arbys. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread