Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen an almond tree, looks very pretty. I hear the blossoms are sweet smelling. My great uncle had trees on his property, he would bring us almonds and walnuts on his trips back to LA.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments. These do have a sweet odor but not REAL strong and, during daylight, they are pinkish in color, similar to cherry blossoms. My son has three types of almond trees on his place but none are bloomed out like this one at my buddies place.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 'night shot', we had pecan trees when we lived with an aunt who had Alzheimers, we had to pick them up every morning early, or some folks would help themselves.

Fossis............

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice picture.I just drove up the 5 then over to the 99 to Sacramento and the blossoms are really blooming in the central valley of California.......is spring near ::)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
That's a cool shot!
Wasn't there something a couple of years ago, that they were worried about the almond trees 'cuz there weren't enough bees to do them up. Guess that passed, eh?

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is still a bee shortage all across the country. It was really bad a few years back and I don't know if it has gotten any better. I know food prices had gone way up due, in part, to the bees dying off. This particular tree wasn't suffering from a bee shortage though, there were bees everywhere!
That's where I'm at jarhead, The Central Valley and yes, the orchards are in full bloom. I just hope the rains don't wash a bunch of them off before they set.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker said:
I think there is still a bee shortage all across the country. It was really bad a few years back and I don't know if it has gotten any better. I know food prices had gone way up due, in part, to the bees dying off. This particular tree wasn't suffering from a bee shortage though, there were bees everywhere!
That's where I'm at jarhead, The Central Valley and yes, the orchards are in full bloom. I just hope the rains don't wash a bunch of them off before they set.

Yes, there still is a shortage of bee's. The company I am leased to haul bee's from Florida out here every year. Without bee's we are doomed :-[

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, that's just great Ash! I was doing fine and then you bring up the bee shortage. Since you have done that, I got curious and did some googling on how many bees we've lost over the last few years.
jarhead, you are right sir.. :director: WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Great night effects, packerbacker. :thumbsup: Never seen an Almond tree.

Also like the avatar...and I'ld like to try the fish, just for the halibut! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread