33.4 KB · Views: 211

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jam,

very interesting closure.

Have no idea what it could be for.? Only ones I have seen have been pressure seals with cork, rubber;
all flat; also remember decanters with a frosted area where cap met bottle.? Glass screws would need a seal at top, (screw it until contact is made with glass).? Not sure.

have a good un..........

OP
OP
J

James57

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Detectorpro Headhunter PI
Thanks for the information! I can add more of a description; I can see bubbles in the glass. Quite a few bubbles, one is almost 1/8" in diameter but most are tiny. It looks like the upper screw part of the bottle was melted on to the lower part of the bottle. The seam around the bottom of the screw part isn't quite even all the way around. It sort of droops in places which makes me think that it was melted on. I can feel an indentation around inside the bottle where the top part attaches to the bottom of the bottle.

The screw top looks like it was made in halves, you can see that in the photo. The top surface of the screw top has no sign of the seam, it looks "mottled smooth" like it was wiped in a circular motion when the glass was still soft.

The lower part of the bottle looks like it was made in 1 piece. I can't see any sign of a seam and there is a 12-pointed star shape indented into the bottom of the bottle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread