pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone else like finding old Scout stuff?
Out for a couple hours with my Tesoro Outlaw and found both of these. I've dug up four or five neckerchief slides, but this one is the oldest so far, with the riveted strap on the backside. Guessing '50s or earlier. I think this was also my fourth Scout knife, this one has the official emblem on it. Guessing '50s-'70s on it.

IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG

Upvote 17

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! That slide is late 50s-early 60s I think. Found one like it outside a Boy Scout meeting house in use since the 1930s. :icon_thumright:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Scout items! :icon_thumright: I joined the Scouts in 1965 and the neckerchief slides were already more modern looking than that one.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Pinenut, did you find an old campsite to find lots of scouting stuff? Nice finds too.

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, everyone !

Yep; from an old camping spot. Actually found these in a county camping area that's been closed down for a few years. Not really what I was expecting or hoping to find there, but I always like finding old Scout stuff. Surprised that these were there though, as the campimg area wasn't a Scout camp, as far as I know. There is one local Boy Scout, and several Girl Scout camps nearby. I'm waiting to hear back on permission to hunt one Girl Scout camp that I think has been there since the late '30s. I've actually spent the night in that camp a couple times when my daughters were Scouts; wife was a troop leader and I was a registered (male) Girl Scout. :tongue3:
Recently contacted the camp's "ranger" (caretaker) about getting permission.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
That'll be allot of ground to cover, but you never know what you might find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread