SFHunter

Feb 1, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi All,

Have been lurking for a few months, and been praticing all that I have read here with my Garrett Ultra 350GTA.

I found a park that has history of military use/ and park use from 1905, and beside the normal garbage and clad, I found this square nail, this button, and the silver ring next to a flag pole. The park is over 11 acres, so I will heading there as often as I can!!

As for the button, I am not sure when is from. It has the eagle facing to the left of the button, three arrows in its left foot, 22 stars, says "T.N. Dale & Co" on the back. It is about 15mm across.

Attachments

• IMG_0691-1.JPG
    IMG_0691-1.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice finds..See if you can get some pictures of the parks early days ...look for gazebos or band stands,concession stands,etc ....that will give you some good places to focus your search first......11 acres isalot of ground to cover....Good Luck !!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! The button looks like a more modern military button and congrats on the silver ring. Take Gypsy's advice and research the park. HH, Mike

R

rvbvetter

Very nice finds!!! I can't nail down the time frame for the button. But if your digging square nails, then your definitly hunting an area with some age to it. Good luck on it. HH

J

J.D.

The timeframe of the park about 1905, would correspond with the age of the miltary button. I found a site that had an exact button dated from about 1902(but not before) Model-1902 probably. The military was changing designs of uniforms and equiptment at that time. I would think it was in use up till the early 1910's (well before WW1) As for the maker's mark, i could not find it online. Waterbury button company makes copies of that button. The gilt has been well preserved on your button. Could we get a view of the back?

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing about an old park is there is more to them than most people know....there may have been something their even before the old park was named. There have been many parks that have given up some nice relics and coins over the years and the park you are hunting may have something to hide....Look at an old map of that location and it may tell you a few secrets about your park.........Good Luck and nice finds..... 8)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum....SFHunter.....You're off to a great start. I like the ring.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really great finds SF! And that 11 acres will keep you busy for a while!

Looking forward to seeing what else you find there! Welcome to the forum!

Nana ;)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
SF, Welcome To The Forum, Congrats On The Nice Finds. Best of Luck & Good Hunting.trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 081.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 081.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 91

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
We've got a park like that here too..but it is not as old as yours. 11-15 acres. I concentrate on the ballfields and parking area. I've only found 1 silver ring there so far and lots of clad, but have been told that there is a "big" ring out there somewhere :o. Good luck searching and keep us posted!

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread