R_Arn15

Jun 24, 2019
South Ms.
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800
Older Whites IDX PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting with a friend of mine on some of his family's land where there were supposed to be a couple of old house sites. He had never hunted before and didn't have a machine so I loaned him my old Whites IDX PRO. We didn't have a lot of luck at first being there was a lot of modern stuff and trash everywhere. Then he told me about a field that they have planted crops in as long as he can remember and there were some old bricks that they plowed up every year. His grandfather is 81 and he says he doesn't remember a house ever being there. I told him that something was there that those bricks didn't just grow there. So we went to field and it was up on a hill where I found the bricks but it was tough to hunt because of the mess left from the last harvest of peanuts. But we banged around as best we could and he found a couple of old square nails. I told him there was for sure some type of building somewhere close to where we were. About 15 minutes later I got a good signal on the EQ 800. It hit like a silver dime. The dirt was easy digging since its plowed every year so I just turned a shovel load over. In the bottom of the hole I could see a silver edge. I thought I'd found a barber or maybe even a seated coin. But when I picked it up it was a button. I have found a few over the years but they never have interested me until here recently. I want to post the others too when I can to see if they are old. But anyway if anybody can tell me anything about this one I would appreciate it. There have been people in and around that place forever so it may not be old at all I don't know. Thanks for the help.

Mcnelly Button1.jpeg

Mcnelly button2.jpeg

Upvote 5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions