Old Car Jack, Axe Head and more

Sager8130

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searched an old dump site today in the woods and found some really cool stuff. Mostly old farm equipment but there were two old rusted out cars that look like they are really old, basically just the shells of the cars. I couldn't find any indication of what kind of cars they were or what year they were but they look to me like pre 50's. I'm really interested to learn about this car jack, there is a lot of wording on it, Ashalnd I assume is where it was made or the company that made it, and there are letters saying EUR, EKA, NO 1? and SB. On the other side there is an O and E. Any thing anyone can tell me about it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also really interested to learn more about this knob that says Bloch on it. It's connected to a rod that I thought might be part of one of the old cars. I can't find anything like it online.

I found some other stuff with the metal detector in the area, like these old hooks that look like they were probably in a barn, the bottom of an old rake, and old axe head. Definitely a site to explore over and over again. This dump site is on family farm land that dates back to the late 1800's.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sager8130

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, thank you. I still can't find any info on the Bloch knob.

The Eureka no1 car jack is cool. Here's is a page from the January 1918 Motor Age magazine that says it was made for cars weighing from 2000 to 3000 pounds. It goes on to say the price for Eureka jacks was from $1 to $5.

Motor Age - Google Books

Here's a craigslist add (if it's still for sale) for one for sale for $50.

Antique Car Jack

Another page for eureka jacks.

1924 Ad Eureka Moon Jack Peteler Standard Leader Auto Car Automobile | eBay

Duffala

Sep 25, 2012
Mountain Home, idaho
Detector(s) used
On my second Garrett Ace 250 ; Garrett Pro- Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could that "Bloch" item been a shoe stretcher or maybe be a shape keeper missing parts?.. I see a company with that name makes high end dance shoes when I Google.. I could be way off though

OP
OP
S

Sager8130

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to find a Bloch Go-Cart company from the early 1900's that made baby carriages. The wording is exactly the same and it looks like the rode could have been the axle. It's a really nice knob, like one that you would have on a drawer or cabinet. I'd like to get the knob off and use it for something.

Could that "Bloch" item been a shoe stretcher or maybe be a shape keeper missing parts?.. I see a company with that name makes high end dance shoes when I Google.. I could be way off though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread