old chinese medicine bottles

Likely Guy

I've seen a few for sale in antique stores, usually in the $12 to $20 range ($CDN).

The restoration crew that I work with have also found a few in recent days that will add to the collection at our local museum.

I'm glad that you used the term 'medicine' bottle and not the often mistaken 'opium' bottle.

OP
OP
tattooedmomma

tattooedmomma

Aug 5, 2008
I JUST POSTED THEM AS A LOT ON EBAY. HOPE I DID THE RIGHT THING.. HERE IS THE PIC..

Attachments

• AUGUST132009 021.jpg
    AUGUST132009 021.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,648

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello! I don't know what they are worth, but my experience with e-bay is to base your starting fee on the lowest that you would like to get for all of them. I don't know if you acquired them for free or bought them, so that is something you have to decide. You can put a reserve on them and e-bay will usually base your insertion fee on that price. But if your item reaches the reserve price, e-bay will not charge you for the reserve fee and just base your insertion fee on your starting price. Also when you research an item on e-bay, don't forget to check the completed items box at the left of the screen and click search. That will show you if any items like yours sold in the last month and what prices they sold for! Red prices didn't sell and green ones did! 9.99 seams like a good starting bid for those neat looking bottles though :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread