old church and Cemetery

spartan69cs

Feb 13, 2007
utah
Detector(s) used
VLF TREASURE DETECTOR
I'm fifteen and just got my first metal detector. A couple of years ago, me and a friend were hiking. We had been hiking for about seven hours. when we found five or six houses. half of them were made of really old stone. a couple of them had fallen down chimmney and one had the floor fallen in. Now this was at the top of a mountain. It was actually near a ski resort called powder mountain. so as far as I know we could have been the first people there in a century or more. so we walked around for a while and when we went in the houses all we found were old mattress. So we left there and went to the church. when we went there. we didn't go in because it went under the ground. so it was really dark and you have to remember that we were only like elven. so we didn't go down there. what we did do was we went around the back and thats where we found the cemetery. We were little kids. so we didn't know that it was bad to dig up graves. we didn't have shovels, so we tried to dig with our hands. we didn't get really deep but we found a machete, one of those really long swords and we also found a pocketknife that was almost as long as my arm. Then we left we took both of them with us. I would put a picture of them up, but i moved and my friend still has them. I was wondering do you think i should take my metal detector up there and look around. Do you think I'll find anything good. If you do will you tell me what cause its a three hour drive there and then i have to hike to it.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be real careful to not dig close to any graves because the police might mistake you for grave robbers. I have looked around the edges of a couple of grave yards and did pretty good. Good luck and find the biggun!!!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet there spartan!!!

First and for most, don't detect alone! You should always have someone else with you when your off the beatin path.

second I'm certain that you would probably find some neet treasures but remember never to detect on grave sites or in a cemetery (There are laws that prohibit that and besides its kinda goulish).

Third if the houses are really old I would be careful around them, you wouldn't want to get hurt (Another reason why you want to have another person with you).

Fourth make sure you know how to use that machine of yours really well so when you go to places like that you have a better chance of finding the good stuff

and finally have fun and be careful!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread