old church ball field....again

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I got out after church for a couple hours and then got rained out. Here is a shot of the church across the way. (took this when I first got there) Our new black top will come right through here. Note the survey stake. With a little rain lately, the digging is superb. One push and I'm in far enough for a sure enough plug. WOW! That is a first since the last of May!!!

DSC00771.jpg

Anyway, did not find much, but accomplished a first in two categories. My first silver jewelry (a necklace, cheap, but silver none the less) and my first IH with SE. 1903 YA!

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

You can see the .925 on the back of the 2008, the chain is nothing. You know what amazes me is the metallic makeup of the pennies. Here the IH is 106 years old and is in pretty good shape.
the one next to it is only about 20 years old (probably not even in the ground that long) and is junk. The one to the right of it is a 1945, was produced during WW2, so has junk metal and is also junk, but in better shape than the Zincoln.

Old watch guts, a .222 casing, a metal button and that is all she wrote, then the sky opened up. I sure won't complain about that though!

Thanks for the look guys and gals, and best of luck to you all.

BW

Upvote 0

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharp looking IH congrats.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bw,

I like the IH, and ya know, that silver does add up too.

How much rain did ya'll get up there?

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Thrillatthehunt...about 3" all told, we sure needed it. How about you? The rain is spotty, but most folks around central Tx. are getting some at least.

Thanks for the comments guys.

BW

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a pretty modern church, when was it established? There may have been a foundation for an older structure since your coin is pretty dated.

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
spartacus53 said:
That looks like a pretty modern church, when was it established? There may have been a foundation for an older structure since your coin is pretty dated.
I'm not sure when established :dontknow: , but it only looks new from the outside. I'm working on a little history about it. We are not locals, only been here 20 years. ha (unless you were born here you are not considered a local. Imagine that.) ???

Miningtown

Apr 22, 2009
Argyle, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI PRO sl, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Nice finds...Keep hitting that place before the construction..there is bound to be more!! congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread