old church

OP
OP
W

wayland

Aug 9, 2012
Thanks BaronH. Will post what I find. Love md old churches. May go in the morning. Have a great day from western ky.

Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
What detector do yo use? Oh never mind, I see you use the garret 350. Hit it hard as you can and grid. Then go back when you buy the whites you talked about getting. See what you missed

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wayland

Aug 9, 2012
Ticm,I have a problem with it not having vdi numbers. Jewelry and tabs just ring. Can't tell the differ.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
wayland said:
Ticm,I have a problem with it not having vdi numbers. Jewelry and tabs just ring. Can't tell the differ.

I have the whites DFX and the V3i. They both have tone I'd. You can set the tone how you like it. That's the first thing I use to I'd target. Then I look at a couple other things to include the VDI. no sense on getting into all the different settings. It may confuse you unless you know the detector. When you can afford a higher end machine dump that ace.

OP
OP
W

wayland

Aug 9, 2012
I can afford it now. Just having trouble making it happen. I think I'm set on the vx3. I'm not going to do a lot of changes on it. I would just like to be able to tell the differ in things. Dime=can,nickel=tab. A few more adjustment would be handy. Vdi,graph and tones would help. So you like whites,that's good.

OP
OP
W

wayland

Aug 9, 2012
Ticm, in your honest opinion do you think the vx3 will allow me to find more stuff then the Garrett.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
wayland said:
Ticm, in your honest opinion do you think the vx3 will allow me to find more stuff then the Garrett.

If you have to ask then you have not fully researched the x3. What digs a bigger hole a backhoe or a garden spade.

You may not find any thing with the x3 if you don't research places to hunt. If your one of these guys that hunt tot lots and play grounds then don't spend the money.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wayland

Aug 9, 2012
I like the way you put things. I hunt old churches,homesteads and some old schools. Thanks for your views.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread