Old Coinmaster 1/DB - trying to get working again

CAP

Jun 6, 2003
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE: Coinmaster 1/db: A friend of mine picked up this unit up at a yard sale. She put a battery in it and it wouldn't make a sound. She gave it to me. I looked it over. By appearance, it looks in good shape. I made sure the battery was good. The only thing I see that works is the battery check light. I've turned it on both with headphones and without with no audio response to any metal target at any setting. There's an ever so slight hum in the headphones but nothing else. I would just like to see if it could be fixed for curosity sake and to see what it could do.
Does anyone have any suggestion as to the best route I could take in troubleshooting this unit, whether it be something I can do myself, a local technician, White's etc?

CAP

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider sending back to White's.

OP
OP
C

CAP

Jun 6, 2003
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I will drop them a line and see what they may be able to do. Also, my XLT has been unstable lately on ground that used to not give it much noise. I used the same settings. I even dropped the battery out and rebooted. This XLT I bought in '98 and it has produced everything from French and Indian War Era musketballs, coins etc, through to War Between the States artifacts up to present, beach jewelry and hundreds of dollars worth of clad and scrap. I've had it so long and used it so much that I can play it like Jimi Hendrix played his stratocaster. The ground around here where I live is HIGHLY mineralized.

CAP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread