old coins for sale or trade? also my first coin rolling experiemce

Keeponrolling

Greenie
May 5, 2012
pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my grandfather gave me a bag of old coins about ten years ago and i did look some up on the internet. then i saw the info about people searching rolls. i bought a 500 dollar box of halves from my bank and found 2 90% and 4 40%. Since my bank does not do free coin countind i went to another bank to open up a simple savings account just so i could use there free coin counting. When i started to dump the coins the machine stopped because the bag needed to be changed and since the bank was busy the manager came over to assisit me. He said i see you have all halves and when i asked him if he had any he said no but ill order them for you along with any other coins such as penny nickel dime quarter and dollars every two weeks if i want. i was wondering which ones are the best to search?

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quarters all the way, nobody on here searches them, all the silver will be left for you!
Welcome to this forum, which state are you located in?

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on what you're looking for. I personally do a box of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and halves each week. I search the pennies for wheats and older, the nickels for anything before 1960, and the quarters, dimes, and halves for silver coins.

Average per Box Finds:
Pennies: 15 wheats
Nickels: 30 pre-60 Nickels, 1 war nickel (found a 1907 V nickel in my last box and I often find buffalos)
Dimes: 1.5 silver dimes
Quarters: Varies wildly (3 skunk boxes and then a box with 7 silvers)
Halves: Nothing (6 boxes and nothing)

Good luck and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread