Old country railway station and stock trans it yard.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old Muckleford South railway station, nice hillbilly sort of name LOL.The line to Muckleford was built in the 1870's and was the hight of activity until the roads where improved after WW2.Everything the local community required was brought in by rail.The station would get 3 trains a week and local producse and cattle would be loaded on the return passage.The rail line was closed in the early 1950.s Only a few miles of track remain and the Red brick clay station and few out sheds.The station has a living quarters [2 rooms] and a office and signal box and a large kitchen come dining room .This station was full of labourers and farmers at the havest time and a few travellers.

i didn,t have much luck at the station but the out sheds produced a couple of silvers and few interesting relics.Seems a nice change to get something that not destroyed by outside bad ground conditions.Sure makes for an easy clean up.but did still leave some traces of black tarnish on the silver to give you an idea how i found items. The fob ,silver spoon ,button i found against the rubbish left behind in the sheds and the 2 silver coins near the door way. The coins and fob from the 1920's and the fireman button from the late 1940's.Silver spoon is hallmarked but is worn away Date unknown.Did get my first blue colbalt glass stopper too.I had to travel about 50 miles and endure noisy cows. Yes moo all day long. ;D ;D ;D Will post pics of site in my next post as still have quite a bit of ground to cover.

Tinpan

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1438.jpg