Old Desert Magazine issues online for FREE!!!!!!!!

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for back issues of Desert Magazine ??? Look no further.....

http://dezertmagazine.com/old-desert-magazine

odm222.jpg

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem... and as of July 1st all of the new DEZERT magazines will also be FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Whoa! Somebody did a lot of scanning. I've never been further West than East Texas, but I appreciate the link nonetheless. :icon_thumright:

I assume this is a treasure related mag? It seems so thus far judging from all the ads in the July 1975 issue.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is very cool! Excellent research material!

Chukers

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site has crashed and will be back up by tonight or the latest tomorrow.... Sorry we've been busy working on the issue... We are getting nearly 500K hits a month and we have had to do some quick upgrades....

Thx
PLL
John

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,
The site is back up and active, there are just some small minor tweaks that have to be done..... The issues on the far right are not showing the complete cover but are accessible... We will have everything done within a couple days, but you can now view any old issue... If there is any other problems please just PM me and I'll take care of asap....

flipad.jpg

Thx
PLL
John

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
hombre_de_plata, no, this wasn't a treasure magazine. More of an RV'rs travel type magazine, and american/nostalgia type rag from the 1960s/70s. But since a lot of articles had to do with historical recaps of SW states stuff (ghost towns, etc...), eventually some manufacturers took out classified ad space in the back of the magazine, starting in the early 1960s (where you could send away for a catolog to buy a detector to "find buried treasure"). Eventually, some articles on bottle digging, relic hunting, and metal detecting did appear in a few of the monthly magazines. Pretty interesting to look back at some of the old detector ads, to see what they swung back in those days.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
The site is back and working !!!!! Thx for your patience and understanding.................

PLL
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions