Mjbella

Jan 19, 2014
New York
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I was given these by a family member and was told they were worth a lot of money. This was given to my uncle over 40 years ago. The person gave them to him saying that they are worth a lot of money. I have no clue what they say or what its about. If anyone could read them and see if they are of any worth. They have to be of some worth since they are rom the 1700's.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2046[1].JPG
    IMG_2046[1].JPG
    928.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2047[1].JPG
    IMG_2047[1].JPG
    877.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2048[1].JPG
    IMG_2048[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2049[1].JPG
    IMG_2049[1].JPG
    879.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2050[1].JPG
    IMG_2050[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2051[1].JPG
    IMG_2051[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2052[1].JPG
    IMG_2052[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guardianship, estate settlement papers. Invaluable to genealogists, but I have NO clue as to monetary value. The first pix is for Joseph Abraham, ?choice of guardian?, asking for ?John Drury? to be his guardian, as his father is dead. [I saved and enlarged the document, but it just got fuzzier], the printed one is probably about posting bond re: probate - paying the probate judge or his successors 500 pounds. The really long one is about the administration of the estate of Capt. Samuel Adams, his son Benjamin.

I can read parts of it, but I don't really understand it, and this is with 20 yrs of amateur genealogy under my belt - I am just not used to documents this old, I guess. The big question, is whether these Adams are related to THE Adams (John, Samuel) of Revolutionary War fame. The dates don't seem to match up with THE Samuel Adams, or his son, Samuel JR, but they could be related.

You need to check with someone who deals in old documents. You may want to start with an archives or a museum, rather than a dealer. They could steer you in the right direction, and you can make the first contact by email. Since these are Massachusetts documents, try these folks first: Archives: Staff Directory

Meanwhile, keep flat, dry, out of direct sunlight, away from pens, oily fingers, and if possible, in acid free paper/file folder. And if it turns out they are not worth a lot of money, consider donating them and writing off the donation on your taxes. Just a thought.
Hope this helps!
Tigger

Upvote 0

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I think this is a reference to your last document from 1694. This reference is from April 1914 and indicates that the original is on file. Your document may be an original duplicate or it may have been somehow removed from the Court archives sometime after 1914.

Pilgrim Notes and Queries - Google Books

Attachments

• adamsprobate.jpg
    adamsprobate.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread