Old dump/privy?

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been digging a mid to late 1800's house in north texas. I found a depression and started digging. I found numerous bottles from the late 19th century to the 1920's up until I hit this chalky white looking stuff at 3 feet that I do not think is natural. Should I dig on through this to find older stuff maybe. Thanks everyone

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, dig! The white stuff is probably lime, to kill the smell of what's underneath.
Wear gloves, stuff tends to stay a skin irritant.
Happy hunting!
Carl

OP
OP
Joshr29

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the stuff on top is probably just trash thrown in after the fact? Thanks so much for the help. Any idea how deep that is on average? Thanks again so much. Sounds pretty promising that I'm already into the 19th century about 2 feet down.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Dig it out. Lime was only thrown occasionly so they probably stopped using it after a while. Post pics and details of your bottles, I bet you find local pieces. Where gloves and dig it out. Tarp it if its going to snow so you can dig in the winter. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread