Old ELGIN pocket watch and some other finds...

L

lancemxt2006

hey guys,
its been a couple weeks since i had a post but i have been on almost everyday. missed a couple weekends with Jer but did a little hunting in the neighbors yard because the place is up for rent and pulled a few wheat's. did get to hunt with Jer this weekend though. was fairly slow but we were trying to locate a cellar hold but never ran into it. Upon our walk though we came across another site that Jer had been to years ago and decided to hit it cause there was no where else to go.

i got a nice plus 92 VDI on my MXT by a well and dug down about 6 inches in some clay and out popped this old Elgin pocket watch the first one that i found that was actually intact still. don't know much about it but its pretty crusty if you ask me. throughout the rest of the hunt i managed to pluck two silver washingtons which was nice cause i haven't found any of them in a little wile and to find 2 was nice.

got a couple marbles and quite a few shells. a half a Tootsie toy and some kind of dog tag or something. i also got a small dome button of some kind (under the marbles) and a little Heinz pickle was in a hole. had some more clad and some bulk relics but i left that at Jers in the other pouch that i used this weekend.

thats about it. take it easy everyone and HH

Lance

Attachments

• Elgin pocket watch.jpg
    Elgin pocket watch.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 398
  • Elgin pocket watch reverse.jpg
    Elgin pocket watch reverse.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

sorry guys im going to have to post the other picture later or tomorrow because its off by like 4 kb and i already put everything away. ill get it up tomorrow...

Take it easy

Lance

Attachments

• bulk.jpg
    bulk.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 391

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Glad to see you got out Lance. Good deal on the watch and Silver Quarters. Bet that watch was worth some $ when it was lost.

Bob

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Definetley a keeper in my book,Great job,glad you got to post and good luck on finding that cellar.HH!!

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks everyone. here is the other pic for you guys...

ohh and happy saint patty's day.

take it easy and HH

Attachments

• silver quarters.jpg
    silver quarters.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 251

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat watch Lance!

Congrats on your finds!

;)

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks guys,
nobody can say.... ??????

take it easy guys...

Lance

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Nice finds Lance. The two silver washingtons and that old pocket watch from a backup site is pretty darn great if you ask me. I hope you can find that cellar hole .Best of luck to you and Jer. HH! HAPPY SAINT PATRICKS DAY TO YA !

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks alot...

Jer is researching some spots and hopefully he can locate another cellar hole for us.

We will stay posting to anything we find.

HH Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread