Old fair ground still gives the goods

Pull_tab_mike

Nov 20, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster
Hi folks, went to local fair grounds to kill time this evening, ill be returning to northern Indiana this morning for work and , thought i would go out and see what i could find.

i had asked some of the p;d timers around town what was the best place to look for relic's coins and what not at the grounds, they said try behind the old skate ring across the creek to a picnic area that now is well grow-in over and being early in the summer months the vegetation was like the vines and roots from the film Jumanji. it toke me some time to cut and hack but i found 4 coins, varying from 2-6in. it was dark and my headlight was OK but low on juice so i thought by the shape and feel that they where common nickels and thought nonthing of it tell i got home, did some cleaning then i drooped the first (Shielded nickel) in the sink and i was like no way, to bad i cant get a date. i started on the others and they turned out to be V nickels, this was night that i thought was going to be a waste of time, but turned out to be a blast.

i have to leave at 0130 and its now 2300hrs I'm screwed for sleep, b/c I'm so pumped..... most likely ill pull over some where on the other side of Indianapolis and crash for a few. have to be at work a 0900 for the parade. got to block those enter sections, i love doing that it makes people mad and p*ssed that they have to wait......................

well folks thanks for letting me bore you to sleep

Have A Happy Memorial Day and Bless or Troops

GO ARMY

PTM

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 629
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow awsome finds :icon_thumleft:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one P.T. shield nickle's don't jump out of hole's every day. Those vines are what can really erk you. Those fine look'n coins made up for it!

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Looks like you got a good spot :thumbsup:

Did you clean those, I've never seen nickels come out of the ground in such great shape :icon_scratch:

HH,
Brian

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 x 5 plus a shield :icon_thumleft: that don't happen everyday great shape to Nice finds :thumbsup: Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread