Old Faithful gave me some more silver today.

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I went out for a morning hunt and got rained out almost immediately and only found one quarter. >:(

So this evening I get the OK from the boss (my wife) to give it another try and of course as soon as I leave the house it starts sprinkling again! >:( >:( But this time it stopped right as I pull into "old faithful". This is the spot that has been giving me soooo much silver lately. I wondered if tonight was going to be a repeat performance............IT WAS! I got in about 3.5 hours and really hunted with a fury. I dug nearly every signal I got and I couldn't go more than a couple feet without getting another hit. Highlights from the hunt were 2 silver quarters - 1 Standing Liberty with no date (S mintmark though) and a 64 Washington. 2 silver dimes - 42 D Mercury and a 57 Roosevelt. 2 silver rings - a tiny knot ring and a chunky crude one that looks like someone made in a jewelry class. It has a copper wire applied to it for decoration which is kinda different. I also got a couple medals - 1 basketball medal that looks like junk and another pope medal that may be silver (not sure yet). The surprise find of the night was the musket ball. I haven't found anything of that age on this field prior to this so maybe it came in with some fill dirt or something. There is a colonial home site not very far away though so I suppose it could have come from there.

My keeper total for the hunt was 102 pieces (mostly coins). Not bad for a 3.5 hour hunt! That's an average of about 1 keeper every 2 minutes! :o That's not including the junk I dug either. Like I said, I was hunting with a fury tonight.

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0941.JPG
    IMG_0941.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I love those kinds of days....Nice job! :) jgas

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way to do it, congrats on the silver (rings and coins). Looks like that place won't quit giving it up for a bit yet....which is always sweet. HH

OP
OP
incajoe

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Nate in Ohio said:
That's the way to do it, congrats on the silver (rings and coins). Looks like that place won't quit giving it up for a bit yet....which is always sweet. HH

No, not by a longshot. There are areas in this spot that are many acres in size that I haven't even set foot in yet. I will hunting here for years to come. The best part is that it's just minutes from my house!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread