Old farm buildings

yournewneighbor

Feb 1, 2010
ventura
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
This place is definitely still in the middle of agriculture. But i have a feeling checking out these buildings and MDing around them would produce a little something. what do you guys think? I really doubt the owner would mind, he owns thousands of square feet of the best citrus fields in America. And yes of course i'll ask him first. :wink:
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8223232
Heres a picture of the buildings.
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/8223341
The railroad barely down the way. The railroad has been around for quite a while. Its still in frequent use.

I cant figure out how to export a .kml so heres a picture and if can do a .kmz if anybody wants it

Attachments

• GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,140

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great prospective spot. Along those kind of railroad lines may be good. Tilled fields, especially after or before harvest, are great to hit... just keep your discrimination ALL the way down on a place like that. The targets should be few & far in between...

Bran <><

Attachments

• Bird\'s Eye View 1.jpg
    Bird\'s Eye View 1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,143
  • Bird\'s Eye View 2.jpg
    Bird\'s Eye View 2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,136

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If humans have ever been around there - they dropped something - I'd detect it.

Also, you might check the history of the area (if you don't already know it) - our very first cannonball was in a place that we had no idea there COULD be a cannonball. After we found it, then we checked out the less recent history - the cannonball ended up being a dutch cannonball from the 1600's!!

B

OP
OP
yournewneighbor

yournewneighbor

Feb 1, 2010
ventura
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
i figure i'll give myself a little more time getting my skill level up a little higher and then i'll find out who owns the land. in the mean time i'm going to do some research on this little place. Its not too far from where i live, so it shouldnt be too difficult to find something.
thanks guys.

S

stefen

Typically, the older groves had transient picker housing (Braceros) and packing houses. Most of the Braceros, in the 50's & 60's, were migrants from Mexico here on a 6 month Ag Farm visa program.

Most had little money and nothing more than the clothes on their backs. They kept anything valuable in their pockets which included a knife, fork and spoon. Lived in squalid conditions...

My guess is that pickings will be slim....but that's my perspective.

If anything, you need to locate where the picker (American workers) camps were on the property.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread