Old Farm Digs in the City :-)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

I decided to do a little urban treasure hunting close to home :-)

This farm house (which at one time was a working farm) has the most property for miles and miles in any direction around here. It sits smack dab in the middle of the city and belongs to a local business located across the street to the north - the pics I took are facing west - the area is a mix of commercial and residential properties but I have permission to hunt the place as long as I stay off of the lawn that the house sits on itself! lol

I used the ML E-Trac with a new 10x14 DD EQ Excelerator Coil that I just got and WoW does this thing work! The grass is a bit high & clumpy so the coil was 2 to 3" above the ground at all times but I was still pulling tiny bits of ferrus at depths that I couldn't believe! The tiny ring back was at least 7 to 8 inches deep so with the coil 2 to 3" above the ground you're talking it nailed it 9 to 11" with no problem! Some of the coins/coin sized targets were nearly elbow deep in the ground (12" Lesche buried to hilt and then some!) + again - swinging 2 to 3" above the ground for a total of 14 to16" this coil was hitting them! This is the best/most sensitive and deepest large coil I've used yet on the E-Trac and I've used 5 now but traded one away so I currently have 4 (4.5x7 - 5x10 elliptical DD - 13" ultimate and the 10x14 DD now)...

Settings = wide open screen - sensitivity in auto +3 (running 23/24 for the most part) audio 4TF and noise cancel 2 - I dug any/every thing not hitting in the iron or extreme/lower tinfoil range (sorta cherry pickin) and I only hunted maybe 20% of the property so I'll be going back before the snow hits for sure ;-)

Booty/take = spoon/spoon pieces, decorative lead piece, coins = 1 buffalo - 1 indian - one 1909 wheat and a 1965 roosevelt but I got some cool tokens/items too!

Pictures tell the story,

HH

urban 001.JPG
urban 002.JPG
urban 003.JPG
urban 004.JPG
urban 007.JPG
urban 005.JPG
urban 006.JPG

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Looks like a good spot to work slow. Congrats on the IH, Buff and cool tokens!! :icon_thumleft: Good luck on the other 80%

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of different stuff there!! Nice finds

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt. :icon_thumleft: Congrats on the nice coins and relics. Love the Chicago Expo fob. :hello2:

HH

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Looks Fremontish.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like hunting places like that a little bit of everything good, like the F.O.B and the IH , nice finds , Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread