"old farm" need help

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"old farm" need help

I have tried dowsing several times with no luck, I just donā€™t seem to have the touch in fact I couldnā€™t find a mud puddle in a rain storm. With that said; I have access to this old farm to do a little treasure hunting. The original farm house was built in the 1830ā€™s just across the road from the dairy and has been in the same family. There is a small creek running left to right across the property. Is there anything you can tell me to help us start our search? Here are several views of the property.
Thanks!
FC-1.jpg

FC-2.jpg

FC-3.jpg

FC-5.jpg

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: "old farm" need help

Thanks Okie, we will check that area out next week. i will update you then.

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

OK, anyone else want to take a stab at this before we hit it this weekend?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is this farm in Georgia and by any chance in one of the former Cherokee land counties? At least 3 counties have good nugget cache legends where multiple caches were made before being forced off the land. Once raw gold was used for betting on horses, Cherokees in Georgia started that kind of gambling.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello rebel003,
Has anyone reported finding civil war relics in this area?
Dowsing revealed that:
Yellow circles/arrow: Brass item
White circles: Silver and gold coins (small cache)
Blue circle: Silver coins cache.
Red circle: Scattered lead pieces.
Green circles: Meteorite fragments.
Okiedowsers location is good.
My picture did not print out south of my blue circle so I was not able to dowse that area.
I'm hoping you can search this site more than once.
If you can zoom in and still get a clear picture I can redowse any location to get a better pinpoint.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• FC-1dowsed.JPG
    FC-1dowsed.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Red_desert said:
Is this farm in Georgia and by any chance in one of the former Cherokee land counties? At least 3 counties have good nugget cache legends where multiple caches were made before being forced off the land. Once raw gold was used for betting on horses, Cherokees in Georgia started that kind of gambling.
Red_Desert,
yes this is in what was the Cherokee lands but most of the Native artifacts found points and pottery were identified as creek and possibly black foot. this area is in West Ga on the edge of the gold belt and has placer gold deposits.

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

teleprospector said:
Hello rebel003,
Has anyone reported finding civil war relics in this area?
Dowsing revealed that:
Yellow circles/arrow: Brass item
White circles: Silver and gold coins (small cache)
Blue circle: Silver coins cache.
Red circle: Scattered lead pieces.
Green circles: Meteorite fragments.
Okiedowsers location is good.
My picture did not print out south of my blue circle so I was not able to dowse that area.
I'm hoping you can search this site more than once.
If you can zoom in and still get a clear picture I can redowse any location to get a better pinpoint.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon
Jon,
there were no real battles listed in this area but is was in the burn zone. there are some items that turn up from old camp sites and raids. I will get some additional pix uploaded very soon. we will be spending a lot of weekends there this fall.
Thanks for your help,
Alan

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Thanks to all who have reviwed this post and PM me or posted their finds. not often do you find anywhere poeple will take time to help someone out that they do not know.
Thanks again,
Alan

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rebel003 said:
Red_desert said:
Red_Desert,
yes this is in what was the Cherokee lands but most of the Native artifacts found points and pottery were identified as creek and possibly black foot. this area is in West Ga on the edge of the gold belt and has placer gold deposits.
Great!!!! :thumbsup: Most of the strong signals I picked up were in the same map as Jon posted, in around where he got hits. I got a response for nuggets and Cherokee also, reason for asking.

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Red_desert said:
rebel003 said:
Red_desert said:
Red_Desert,
Great!!!! :thumbsup: Most of the strong signals I picked up were in the same map as Jon posted, in around where he got hits. I got a response for nuggets and Cherokee also, reason for asking.
Thanks, my great grandmom was full Cherokee from the Racoon Valley area in middle Tenn. the history in this area the Creeks took the region from the Black Foot, the Cherokee eventually won the area from the Creek's Gaming. Just what games i'm not sure, we found a lot of chunkies and points in the area that the games took place. Just how accurate the history is, is questionable, We could not find much written on the subject.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rebel003 said:
Red_desert said:
rebel003 said:
Red_desert said:
Red_Desert,
Thanks, my great grandmom was full Cherokee from the Racoon Valley area in middle Tenn. the history in this area the Creeks took the region from the Black Foot, the Cherokee eventually won the area from the Creek's Gaming. Just what games i'm not sure, we found a lot of chunkies and points in the area that the games took place. Just how accurate the history is, is questionable, We could not find much written on the subject.
Horse racing, it is believed this is how we got started on horse betting here in the US. Bets were placed using gold nuggets and flakes, probabably some gold dust too.

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

okiedowser said:
Yes i do pick up one,it in 3 other picture to,the close up really made it show up good.

Okie, you were half right we did hit a very nice pocket of gold in the creek right where you marked. we will be testing the other spots marked on our next outting.
Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread