Old farm turned into a family park

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This farm has been a family park for about 6 years, lots of visitors each day means good hunting everyday. I hunted for about 2 hrs this afternoon and never really touched the park. This park is a very large park and appears to not be MD at all. Everything found today was clad but I know as old as this farm is, its some good stuff waiting to be found.

Count is
10 - quarters
9 - dimes
1 - nickel
19 - pennies
1 - button
1 - broken flip phone charm
1 - .38 or .357 bullet

Latest date was on a dime 1965

One thing I can say is I left the park with more than I came with.

ForumRunner_20131112_231406.png

Upvote 5

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your headed in the right direction! The good stuff will come along and surprise you! Congrats on your haul ! HH!

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you'll be hitting that park for quite a while, HH.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you get all of that Clad out of the way..You should start finding deeper older targets....Its always nice finding a place you can tell hasnt been detected much :thumbsup:

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to find older coins or valuable jewelry but I will trade being outside detecting any place versus being at work or sitting on the sofa.

OP
OP
3 of 6 GMG's

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your post. I was hoping to get back to the park after work today but ended up my 2 year old little digging Buddy is sick with pink eye and a double ear infection. Family first always!!! Everyone else HH today, looking forward to reading and looking at your finds the next few days.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like you have a good site.Good luck.HH.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a park around here that used to be the farm field for the old jail,found LOTS of good stuff in the past 2 years!

God Bless

Chris

OP
OP
3 of 6 GMG's

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worldtalker that sounds like a awesome place to hunt. I started my career working in a jail before moving on to a Police Department. I hope you've posted some of your finds from that location, I'm going to look back on your older post in hopes to seeing some of your finds. HH

Matt

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Worldtalker that sounds like a awesome place to hunt. I started my career working in a jail before moving on to a Police Department. I hope you've posted some of your finds from that location, I'm going to look back on your older post in hopes to seeing some of your finds. HH

Matt

Matt,

I called it the Field of Plenty,there are actually two fields that cover approximately 8 acres. wide open.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread