curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...here's an old, some kind of gun, anyone know what, when or where about it? Thanks much! FSCN2278.JPG FSCN2279.JPG

Upvote 0

bastech

Feb 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this site while researching info on a flintlock pistol I recently acquired and hope curious cat or someone gets this. Like yours the barrel is marked Damas Fin and the scrolls and lock plate and butt cap are identical to yours. The one I have is near mint and quite exquisite with all the silver wire inlay in place and the Damascus steel star pattern clearly marked on all surfaces of the slightly tapered and rifled octagonal barrel. The underside of the barrel is stamped with a number 1468 33, and N with what appears to be a crown above, and M in a square. It also has a what I would guess is the maker's mark LF over a rampant lion in a shield stamped behind the rear sight.
It's clear as has been suggested that your has been converted from a flintlock.
Do you still have your pistol and have you learned any more about it? I'd appreciate anything you can tell me.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to old to fire, falling apart old! Looked inside the barrel....if anything it's not perfectly rounded, sort of octagon, like almost lines going down...but dirty, so hard to tell. When you look close it has pretty etching all over, I mean everywhere.... like it's for "show" more than shooting! Me, take it apart...lol....it would probably "fall" apart!

Don't look down the barrel again, it could still be loaded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread