tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This old Ford fire engine sits in Gold Hill, Colorado which is an early front range mining town that was founded in 1859. I believe it's around a 1946 or 47 model?. It's been there for years and looks pretty good for all the time I recall it's been there. This high and dry mountain climate can be pretty fair on a lot of things made of old iron. I took the picture of it last week heading up the slow and scenic way to a mine in Caribou, Colo.

Attachments

• old fire engine goldhill.jpg
    old fire engine goldhill.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 90

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool picture! I am pretty sure it is not a 46. My guess is 1940 chevy or earlier. The headlights give it away.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool picture! I am pretty sure it is not a 46. My guess is 1940 chevy or earlier. The headlights give it away.
That's a Ford Truck and actually around a 1941 not a post war as I first thought

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever open a door and look under the seat for coins or what ever?
Yeah when I was a kid, me and my friends would ride our bikes to a junkyard and look in the seat cushions for change of the fresh wreaks. Still was a fair amount of silver Benjamin's, standing library's, Mercury's and buffalo nickel in circulation in those days. I still recall my last silver quarter given in change. I went with some customers of mine in Phoenix to catch happy hour and at the bar around 1998. I was given my change back and the barmaid just plopped it down and that 64' quarter made an unique jingle that caught my attention. I showed it to the fellas I was with and they didn't even know change was once made of 90% silver. I guess some folks still find silver coins in hunting bank rolls and hitting up rejects at the coin star machines.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Ever open a door and look under the seat for coins or what ever?
I always do...have found a few silver dimes that way, but one of the best was when I was working on a 57 Chevy. I removed the door panel to try to fix the window roller upper thing, and found a walking liberty half inside the door panel...Guessing some kid dropped it down the crack alongside the window.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah when I was a kid, me and my friends would ride our bikes to a junkyard and look in the seat cushions for change of the fresh wreaks. Still was a fair amount of silver Benjamin's, standing library's, Mercury's and buffalo nickel in circulation in those days. I still recall my last silver quarter given in change. I went with some customers of mine in Phoenix to catch happy hour and at the bar around 1998. I was given my change back and the barmaid just plopped it down and that 64' quarter made an unique jingle that caught my attention. I showed it to the fellas I was with and they didn't even know change was once made of 90% silver. I guess some folks still find silver coins in hunting bank rolls and hitting up rejects at the coin star machines.

What camera do you use? Your photos are always good.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice capture!:thumbsup: I was going to say the truck was ''39 or''40 vintage. Just a suggestion, you might want to wrap or put you camera in a baggie or zip-lock bag when you carry it around with you. My camera got some dirt or sand into the lens and when I tried to take a picture the lens wouldn't open up. I couldn't get anyone to fix it, so I had to find another one.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice capture!:thumbsup: I was going to say the truck was ''39 or''40 vintage. Just a suggestion, you might want to wrap or put you camera in a baggie or zip-lock bag when you carry it around with you. My camera got some dirt or sand into the lens and when I tried to take a picture the lens wouldn't open up. I couldn't get anyone to fix it, so I had to find another one.
I do that Dennis. It keeps the dust and fuse off it somewhat. I dropped once and it put a crease across the lens cover. Sometimes it hangs up when the lens tube is extracting, but I give it a little push and it goes in then. Eventually it's gonna wear out the mechanics someday. When that that happens they're available for not a lot of money and I'll get another one I think. It really is a slick little all around camera to take everywhere, but yes they are a little delicate.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be fun to restore

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool picture, nice restoration project? :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread