Old fishing reel, home made silver ring, button, pewter, crotal bell

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More recent things I found but haven't had time to post.
2 pieces of "Genuine Pewter" 003.jpg
Old fishing reel found near the pewter on the edge of a brook. 001.jpg 002.jpg
Found this home mead silver ring that was fashioned out of a 1942 US. Quarter. It had a little silver plate, although snapped off, I also found in the hole. It seems it had something attached to the prongs that were on it, maybe a stone or another coin, who knows. 004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg
Found this button directly out a building I work in. Always threatened to work this little chunk of woods and finally did. I still can't figure out why it was where I found it. 007.jpg 008.jpg
Ahhh... my little crotal bell. Love this thing! 009.jpg 011.jpg
Found all with my Equinox 800, park 2 setting, 6" coil (love this coil!). Thanks for looking.

Upvote 32
OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Bodkin

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How big are those pieces of pewter? How old? Looks great but all the better if the photo has something for scale.
Yeah.., sorry about that. I have no idea about the age of these. The "Genuine Pewter" stamped on the bottom of both is rather crude and no matter how I tried I couldn't get a good picture of that. The "cup" is actually cup size. I would say a normal 8 oz. coffee cup. Maybe it was a little sugar bowel or something and was supposed to have a top? At first I thought they were silver but was able to find the pewter mark on the bottom. If you or anybody out there has any info I would love to hear it. I seem to find a lot of varied items while detecting and there's no way for me to focus on just one of them. I'm learning though and for me that's the other half of this hobby. Thanks!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coin made into a ring is really cool and that looks like a nice flat button and of course the crotal is awesome. Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread