Old Florida Phone Books

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
I'm trying to find any history on a now abandoned trailer park. There is a for sale sign on it currently, but i'm not sure if I should contact the realtor to get permission or if there is some other way to find the owner of the property so I can drop a note. I'm leaning towards the latter. One way I thought of was to find an old phone book, say 1970 or 80's vintage, and see if the business was listed in there. Then determine the actual age of the site from when the business was incorporated by the state.

Anyone have old phone books, or, any other ideas?

TIA!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could check with the tax appraisers office. Someone is paying taxes on the property. You may also be able to find out how old the property is.

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Sometimes it's enen easier than that. Use Google to find out if that county has tax records online. Look it up from home. And don't pay a lot of attention to the myriad of sites wishing to sell you public information.

Chip V.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
willie d said:
You could check with the tax appraisers office. Someone is paying taxes on the property. You may also be able to find out how old the property is.

This is the way that I would go. The information in the tax appraiser's office is public information. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
nudels

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Thank you all, I didn't realize it till I looked but my county has an interactive map where you zoom in and can choose a parcel and find out all about it. Unfortunately, the one "clubhouse" building on the property (that is now gone) was built in 1964, so it's appears it is not as old as I was hoping. I was hoping at least 40's-50's or earlier so there would have been several solid years of silver coinage floating about :).

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
I just wanted to point out that sometimes the records aren't necessarily listed by the name of the storefront but rather by the individual owner or parent corporation. This especially holds true if you're talking about a location more than 40 years or so.

Pcola

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions