Old foundation near retired railroad bed- KC

tbarnby

Nov 27, 2008
Could be interesting. Old foundation, just East of the old Railroad Bed recreational trail. There are signs of modern activity i.e. a section of chainlink fence from the mid 70s... But the original construction was old limestone and mortar. Including an old stairwell. I'm betting that whoever made or maintained this facility lost or left coins, tools, jewelry, etc. behind.

Attachments

• Foundation 1 - KC.kml
    1.7 KB · Views: 305

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
I live very close to this area it is also called the Blue River Parkway and Minor Park area. Much history in that area. The Santa Fe Trail crossed the Blue River and traveled to and from the Hart Grove camping ground.

If you live in the Kansas city area have you checked out the 87th street parkway where Benjamin Stables was located. The construction crews have been busy demolishing the old houses on 87th street. Last year they tore down the old stone structure on 87th street. The old stones from the house and foundation are still visible from the street.

The remains of stone house is east of the Firemens Memorial on 87th st. before Hillcrest rd.

Looks like it would be a good place to find some old artifacts and maybe a few old coins.

River

BTW: Warpaint the horse mascot of the Kansas City Chiefs was buried at Benjamin Stables.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread