Old home site

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
I've been eyeballing this site for some time now and today I finally got permission. This is an old home site that has already had the house removed and eventually is going to be turned into housing developments. Most of the dirt in the yard area has been turned over when they removed the house so i was a little skeptical on pulling up any keepers. My first good signal was only reading an inch so i figured it was going to be clad but the machine was saying different so I carefully removed some dirt with my finger tip revealing a merc. I then soon found a 1910 wheatie near the surface also. After hunting out in the front yard area, I decided to move along the side towards the tree and I dug a barber dime there that popped out of the dirt as i was taking my second scoop with the shovel. Along with a few whatsits, I dug another wheatie and was later greeted by a long black snake that nearly got to my feet before i noticed it. One of the pics shows where the house once stood. Also, the wheaties are 1919 and 1910

Attachments

• IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 734
Upvote 0

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice finds, and beautiful black rat snake!

Joe

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great pictures, Ringo...and impressive finds, as usual. 8) I like the line-house idea....I'm going to start drawing houses on all my cellarhole pictures. :wink:

That's one nice-sized snake. I like snakes, but I think that one would have made me squeal like a stuck pig. :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread