Old homeplace finds

Pork King

Jan 27, 2013
North Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter Ultra Mag
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is done of the stuff I've pulled outta the ground at my dad's old homeplace, including my first wheat penny, and a smashed penny with the Lord's Prayer stamped on it. Not done with the yard yet, so I may have more to show later.

image-154974260.jpg

Upvote 3

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Keep searching, you're bound to find some silver!

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found one of those lords prayer rolled pennies too.
This is done of the stuff I've pulled outta the ground at my dad's old homeplace, including my first wheat penny, and a smashed penny with the Lord's Prayer stamped on it. Not done with the yard yet, so I may have more to show later.

View attachment 733688

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Pork King, let me know if you need some help. I will come "a running" from Columbus, MS. :)

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the faucet and the old slaymaker lock, I have a few of them in my collection

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and to think that your relatives likely touched these items make them quite special...........63bkpkr

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. Keep hunting that ground till you feel like you got everything. Then hunt it again!

OP
OP
Pork King

Pork King

Jan 27, 2013
North Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Keep hunting that ground till you feel like you got everything. Then hunt it again!

That's the plan! Went out again this evening. Before my spade broke, I found a clad dime and a wheat penny, plus various unidentifiables. There's got to be more silver out there!

OP
OP
Pork King

Pork King

Jan 27, 2013
North Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some more finds from the old homeplace today. A few clad coins with some wheat pennies, an old firetruck, 2 parts of some old cap guns, and,interesting to me, a small Virginia Beach token or pin. I wonder where it came from? As a side note, when I had first ordered my metal detector, my wife's grandfather and I were talking about it. When he asked some of the stuff I could find with it around an old home site, I replied, "I dunno. I guess an old double-blade axe head or something". Well, I found one of those today, too!
homeplace 232013.jpg

virginiabeachpin.jpg

Last edited:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are finding lots of awesome stuff there. Congrats on the silver Rosie. I knew you had a chance to find silver after your first Wheat. Keep on hitting that spot. I like the VA Beach pin. It looks quite old.

OP
OP
Pork King

Pork King

Jan 27, 2013
North Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I think that wraps it up for this place. I went over it again today. I pulled out an old tire iron and some more clad. I found 1 unidentified copper coin that's got too much green scale to identify, but it's soaking right now. I can barely make out some writing along the edges and maybe a portrait, and it's about 1-2mm larger than a Lincoln penny. Time to find a new spot!

OP
OP
Pork King

Pork King

Jan 27, 2013
North Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I think that wraps it up for this place. I went over it again today. I pulled out an old tire iron and some more clad. I found 1 unidentified copper coin that's got too much green scale to identify, but it's soaking right now. I can barely make out some writing along the edges and maybe a portrait, and it's about 1-2mm larger than a Lincoln penny. Time to find a new spot!

It seems the unidentified coin is a 50's Mexican 5 cent (cinco centavos) piece. Strange find for NE Mississippi...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions