Old house still givin em up!

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started on this yard earlier this summer with my DFX. My friend Brian also had a DFX and between both of us, we covered this yard at every angle on many hunts, yielding about 20 wheats, 1 silver rosie and a 1865 IHP (Not to mention lots of relics). Met SlipperyJack and he brought his SE over and nailed another 8 or 9 wheats and I ended up with a Buffalo Nickel and some wheats. Hit it a couple more times, each time coming away with another wheat or two. Tonight, after dark, I had the bug and wasn't sure if rain was going to spoil tomorrow's hunt or not, so off to this yard again. Had a signal that seemed like an IHP, dug the plug and lost it! Kept checking everything and kept sweeping the hole with the probe and finally hit the coin that was standing up on edge now. 1897 IHP, well worn but anything in the 1800's works for me. Found a 45 wheat soon after and then called it a night! Don't ever give up on a yard and keep sweeping at different angles. Hopefully SlipperyJack and I will nail some good coin tomorrow to post. Good luck to all of you if you can get out!

100_2004.jpg

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Kudos on the indianhead! like I say......no spot is hunted out and I know that if the rain holds back that tomarrow will be a day that we real pound those old deepies! keep up the good work Mark!

HH
Slipperyjack47

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No spot is ever worked out is right. I have a couple wood chip piles in old parks that are still offering wheaties. After sweeping from every direction and over lapping a lot, each visit always yields a few coins. Families would have reuions and the guys would save their sawdust for these events. Coins would be added and dumped on the ground for the kids to comb for goodies. Needless to say many were left for us to find later. Now the piles are only couple inches deep and someone has to be reseeding them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread