OLD IS GOOD!

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Whooo Hoooo!
I just got my annual Delaware State Park pass today at half price! One of the bennies of morphing into a Senior Citizen!
Today I hit Cape Henlopen and Lewes beaches at low tide. The tide was as low as I've ever seen it. Must have been the strong winds keeping it out. Ideal looking conditions but not much in finds. Just some clad and a big hunka lead. There were no cuts in the sand. This weekend is sposed to be in the hi 80's so there will probably be a lot of strollers and sun bathers and maybe they'll be dropping some shiney things. I think a return trip Sunday afternoon or early Monday to Henlopen, IR and maybe Rehoboth will be in order. If any of you get down there and see a fat old happy guy with an E Trac with a WOT attached, that'll be me!

Pete

JimDE

May 12, 2008
Newark, DE
Detector(s) used
Vision/V3, 1400DD, Super 12, D2, 5.3 Eclipse
Pete, I agree the finds have been slim so far .... But the activity on the beaches since last fall has been slow too. This weekend should start things up for the season.

I am heading down there in just a few minutes with my MD and my yellow Lab (the no dog rule starts May 1st so I figured I would get him down there). I hunt a lot with my Lab over dirt as he let's me know when people are around or behind me. When hunting with these Grey Ghosts on I can't hear squat on what is going on around me :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread