Old Lead slush mold firetruck and Sacred Heart of Jesus ring

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_0150.JPG DSC_0146.JPG DSC_0157.JPG DSC_0154.JPG DSC_0160.JPG DSC_0161.JPG DSC_0164.JPG

Enjoyed hunting the beach I grew up swimming at again with my kids today and found some targets in a little over an hour of hunting. First find was an early Firetruck possibly from 20's-30's, came out of the water as you see it. Some red paint remains and has some character with a grinning driver! Second ring I have recovered from the water. This one is a silver plated over copper Sacred Heart of Jesus ring. Has some age to it as well I'm guessing. Other finds as you can see saved a bunch of people from needing to get a tetanus shot:laughing7: Also found some clad and with the oldest coin being a 56 wheat penny along with a thin brass disc?
HH

Upvote 12

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That old truck is amazing! One of my favorite finds are old toys. Great hunt. I have a couple of cars made like that but nothing like your truck. Awesome find

OP
OP
C

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old truck is amazing! One of my favorite finds are old toys. Great hunt. I have a couple of cars made like that but nothing like your truck. Awesome find

Thanks! I was amazed that it came out of the water so nice. In the scoop it was just the underside and it looked like the underside of a chocolate bunny. Hadn't known about slush molding before, so love when I find something and learn something.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! That truck is really cool! WTG! Congrats and HH

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
WARNING: Be careful of the paint on the firetruck - it's most likely "lead paint"! :laughing7:

That's just awesome!! I'm really proud of my time as a firefighter but don't really collect anything related. That would be a keeper for sure!! :occasion14:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WARNING: Be careful of the paint on the firetruck - it's most likely "lead paint"! :laughing7:

That's just awesome!! I'm really proud of my time as a firefighter but don't really collect anything related. That would be a keeper for sure!! :occasion14:

LOL KCM, The whole truck is a lead alloy!! Love your reply as I think you know it.

I WANT THAT TRUCK for my collection!!!

The two cars at the top of this picture are made the exact same way. No writing at all on them and a lip all the way around the bottom. They look almost the same, one has a spare tire:

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fire ENGINE ( it has a steamer pump boiler on the back, trucks only carry ladders and tools) is a SUPER find! I would love to add one like that to my fire toy collection, especially if I dug it up. The ring is great too, it should clean up really pretty. Congratulations, Sub 8-)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Clovis better watch out - sounds like there might be a rampage ready to come take that little firetruck away! :laughing7:

C'mon Scuba, bring it on! I'll blast you with my water gun!!

SubT? Heh! No sweat! I'll just jam a shovel in the ground and block your path!! :headbang:

OP
OP
C

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's funny stuff kcm! I'm glad the paint has worn off, it stinks though when I handle the fire engine my fingers turn black except when I eat Cheetos and then it all disappears after I lick it off.:laughing7:

OP
OP
C

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fire ENGINE ( it has a steamer pump boiler on the back, trucks only carry ladders and tools) is a SUPER find! I would love to add one like that to my fire toy collection, especially if I dug it up. The ring is great too, it should clean up really pretty. Congratulations, Sub 8-)

Thanks Subterranean and thanks for the correction, I should have known that it was a engine. Some of my ancestors were firemen in the same era of this one I found so it is meaningful.

OP
OP
C

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Realized something on the beach I have been detecting. The particular chain of lakes that this lake is part of had the water level raised I believe in the late 20's early 30's by about 2-3 feet with a dam set in place. This fire engine was found in about 2 feet of water and my first thought was some little kid threw it from shore out to where I found it many years later. As I think about it more this was found at about what would of been the shoreline 90 years or so ago, which makes more sense to me.
HH

OP
OP
C

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL KCM, The whole truck is a lead alloy!! Love your reply as I think you know it.

I WANT THAT TRUCK for my collection!!!

The two cars at the top of this picture are made the exact same way. No writing at all on them and a lip all the way around the bottom. They look almost the same, one has a spare tire:

Thanks again love your collection!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread