token 2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 796
Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Cool find.....was there any lipstick left inside?

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
happymikeyone said:
no lipstick in it pepper

Didn't figure there would be. I was just curious. Can't help but wonder what color it might have been. Both finds look old. I found a top to an old lipstick tube and posted it. Yours is more complete but the material looks much the same.

There are some smart people on here. Someone will probably date your finds for you.

HH,
Pepper

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kool find, defitnetly a keeper. Looks to me like from around 1930's

OP
OP
happymikeyone

happymikeyone

Jun 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
wow thats cool inneedoftherapy how old is yours. whats neat is it still has the lipstick in it

thanks for your reply
hh
mike

inneedoftherapy

Feb 29, 2008
Between the cornrows, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
happymikeyone said:
wow thats cool inneedoftherapy how old is yours. whats neat is it still has the lipstick in it

thanks for your reply
hh
mike

I havent tried to date it yet but I do know it is from Avon as it has stamped in the top Avon Products inc. Distr N.Y. Still like yours better the engraving is what really makes the piece for me.

ModernDayWarrior

Nov 29, 2005
Palestine Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice tube, I've found a few myself. Here's the best one I've found that still had some lipstick inside.

Attachments

• lipstik.jpg
    lipstik.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 2,380
  • lipstik.jpg
    lipstik.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 487

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
I'll have to dig up the items.. hmm.. almost a joke there!!.. but I dug 2 or 3 tubes a little smaller that I thought were old lipstick tubes but turned out to be match safes.. just thought I would throw that out there. I saw a picture of them someplace and when I took then apart you could tell the difference.. fooled me!! One of them was dug from a yard of an old house that was right in the middle of a area used by both sides as a camp during the Civil War so I assumed it was a lipstick case associated with the house.

MonkeyBoy

OP
OP
happymikeyone

happymikeyone

Jun 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
thanks monkeyboy and thanks warrior for the replies ... warrior thats a nice pic what a nice find..
hh
mike

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
MonkeyBoy said:
I'll have to dig up the items.. hmm.. almost a joke there!!.. but I dug 2 or 3 tubes a little smaller that I thought were old lipstick tubes but turned out to be match safes.. just thought I would throw that out there. I saw a picture of them someplace and when I took then apart you could tell the difference.. fooled me!! One of them was dug from a yard of an old house that was right in the middle of a area used by both sides as a camp during the Civil War so I assumed it was a lipstick case associated with the house.

MonkeyBoy

Back in the Victorian age they also made "Cricket Cases" which were small tubes about the size of a lipstick tube and it had a breathing hole in it for the cricket to get air. Usually one end unscrewed and a cricket was inserted so as to bring the sounds of outside into the house for an evening. So of these cases were very ornately carved or made of sterling silver... often with a clasp which permitted it to be hung around the neck like a necklace.

I believe that this formality was performed mainly by young ladies.

HH

Sanat

fbjr

Apr 13, 2007
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really know anything about your items but I found 2 tubes (lipstick??) last summer and they are both similar to yours in size and the one is even similar in design. Not that this helps you but just thought I'd share.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread