Old looking cameo

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
Hi there folks!

Today is my first real day out with my new DFX. I have found quire a bit with it already and I am quite excited. I just found this cameo brooch today about 6 inches down in my backyard. I was just wondering if anyone might be able to give me an approximate circa and or value on the item. My house has been here since the 1750's so it could be quite old. It appears to be copper and it has a stone in it. It also has another spot for a stone but it is missing.

It is just really cool I think.

Thanks for any info.

JT

Attachments

• cameo.jpg
    cameo.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 375
  • cameo.jpg
    cameo.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0

KngFhearts

Apr 1, 2005
CA
Thats definately a beauty. Nice find! Does she hve have any markings on the back that might help ID her?

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

Value in that condition? Only what someone is willing to pay.

HH

Post more!

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
jt70

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
No markings that i can readily see. It has very intriquit artwork around the "frame" though, you cant see it very well in the scan.
i have only rinsed her off with water. I am afraid to do something more.

JT

ticotiger14

Jul 29, 2004
That is a beautiful Piece of Old Jewelry, check your hole real good if you haven't. The other stone maybe in there.
HH, Tico

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Real nice cameo. ?have one similar but the women is all pink in color. Your's is really nice. I would date it in the 1800's for sure. The one I have was found at a spot that dates back to the late 1800's. Clean it up and display it in a nice relic case.

Good luck with your dfx. It's just the beginning. Been using the dfx for 4 yrs now and it's a great machine.

HH Jeremy

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
jt70, That's gorgeous!? I think that's even better than an old coin.?

I just got my DFX last night.? Raining today in PA.? :'(

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous piece......Sweet looking cameo.................WTG

OP
OP
jt70

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
well thank you all so much!

I had to take a break from the dfx and mow the lawn.

Gotta keep the wife happy ya know! And, besides, now i can get my coil closer to the dirt (went alittle lower than i usually do ;D )

I have a case that i am putting in all the things i find at home. Kinda like a history of our place.

This is the coolest hobby (obsession) I have ever had.

thanks again for all the complements on my find. It really makes me not even care what it's dollar value is.

JT

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said this before on a different post. If you find something with a missing stone search the dirt you found it in. It is likly that the stone fell out when in the ground. It dose look Ivory. WTG!!

HH!!

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 220
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 220

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Like everyone else has said, that is one excellent and beautiful piece from the past. I never find those types of things in that good of condition.

OP
OP
jt70

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
Well the pin on the back is only about 1/4 there and it looks like it had a second stone, but otherwise it is in good shape.

I wasn't sure what it was when i put it in the pouch. I don't like to rub things much in the field because I am afraid it will scratch up the item or something.

Anyone have any pointers on how i can clean her up a little bit?

Thanks again for all the praise. You guys are the best.

JT

M

mattjd

jt70 said:
Well the pin on the back is only about 1/4 there and it looks like it had a second stone, but otherwise it is in good shape.

I wasn't sure what it was when i put it in the pouch.? I don't like to rub things much in the field because I am afraid it will scratch up the item or something.?

Anyone have any pointers on how i can clean her up a little bit??

Thanks again for all the praise.? You guys are the best.

JT

Hello and welcome to the forum! I would take it to a PROFFESSINAL jewlery cleaner/repair to get it cleaned and get the pin fixed. It'll probually look new! (mabee) HH

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread