Old lot Finds

michaelchaos

Nov 23, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
titan 2000
Okay so i was driving to the dump a while back and a blue bottle sticking out of the ground caught my attension. So i stoped on the way back ran across the street and there was tons of broke glass bottles left and right. Not too old but im guessing from 40's or 50's somewhere round that! So i got a grocery bag full and left. Called up my friend and told him about the finds and we went back to the site before it got dark. We were there for prolly five minutes when these guys from next door started saying stuff to us...."hey you can't be doin that"...."what yawl doin over there"..we responded "picking up old bottles" they asked us if we had rights, i asked if it was their property and first they said no then they said yes... so they weren't making any sense. we left then i came back a few weeks later and got some more..ha.. sure there prolly not worth anything but the thrill of the hunt was enough to please me...

Attachments

• bottles.jpg
    bottles.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 356

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha take it all and give none back :D

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Sounds like somebody is bored and stupid if they have nothing better to do than yell at you guys. Smart move going back later you never know what idiots are going to do next. I hope you got some good ones the second time around.

He who fights and runs away... lives to fight another day ;) Score 1 for the good guys ;D

Acevillav

OP
OP
michaelchaos

michaelchaos

Nov 23, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
titan 2000
acevillav said:
Sounds like somebody is bored and stupid if they have nothing better to do than yell at you guys. Smart move going back later you never know what idiots are going to do next. I hope you got some good ones the second time around.

He who fights and runs away... lives to fight another day ;) Score 1 for the good guys ;D
thanks,,, yea i got some good ones...i want to go back again and MD there. I'm sure some old coins would show up..i need a bodyguard or a mess of people...or some police tape and pretend I'm a crime scene investigator.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Try going early on saturday or sunday. Those clowns will be sleeping off what ever they did the night before. Got a dog ? I have a boxer mix that's 100 lbs he wouldn't hurt a fly but keeps sure the idiots away.There has to be some good loot in there keep us posted!

Acevillav

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
:o Goodness gracious those are some outstanding bottles! :o
Kudos to you!

Sounds like you found an ideal spot that may not have been poked about before. . to help you out for the next time you visit maybe do a quick search to see who owns the property & see if you can get permission to hunt there.

I have two spots round my parts that I really want to poke about but am having a hard time locating whom actually owns the land. . my luck if I went without permission I would have more then regular folk razzing me. .other words police or a person with a shot gun . . just the way my luck would have it.

You are located in Virginia? If so are Virginia's laws/rules reguarding metal detecting fairly strict?

Again. . great bottles! ;D

Bogart :D

OP
OP
michaelchaos

michaelchaos

Nov 23, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
titan 2000
bogeymcq said:
:o Goodness gracious those are some outstanding bottles! :o
Kudos to you!

Sounds like you found an ideal spot that may not have been poked about before. . to help you out for the next time you visit maybe do a quick search to see who owns the property & see if you can get permission to hunt there.

I have two spots round my parts that I really want to poke about but am having a hard time locating whom actually owns the land. . my luck if I went without permission I would have more then regular folk razzing me. .other words police or a person with a shot gun . . just the way my luck would have it.

You are located in Virginia? If so are Virginia's laws/rules reguarding metal detecting fairly strict?

Again. . great bottles! ;D

thanks
yea they're some meanies next door, yea im live in virginia beach, i hear the laws here are pretty strict reguarding MDing.. where in maryland you from i grew up in st. michaels..

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
We go over the Nice Bridge to Va about twice a month . . when able we stop at the little bit of beach area on the Va side by the Welcome Center. . walking about one time I spotted a bottle that really caught my eye. . turns out it was a Pepsi bottle made 1966 to 1970! :o Granted not as pretty as the ones you got there ;D. .but no matter. . I LOVE IT all the same! Anyhow I was thinking it would be great to poke about a bit more but I recall someone somewhere ( you know how that goes ) saying Va is pretty strict. . think I will inquire to the people at the Welcome Center about some of the rules . . .

St. Michaels eh? Nice nice area ;D

Reside in Charles County myself. . Waldorf :P. . . like the Newburg, Faulkner, Malbury area so much more. . see some spots I would love to poke about, just walk about. .but as said not sure about who owns those areas. .

Have a grand one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions