Old Newspapers of up state NY

widgee

Greenie
Apr 10, 2007
Very up state New York
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Along with the old maps of NY, I also use the old newspapers to research where and when things happened.
The following is the address for ON LINE old newspapers for Up state NY.
I have used them to research encampments and other gatherings
These old papers have lead me to some interesting stuff. now if it just stops snowing I can get out and look around.
http://news.nnyln.net/
Good resource

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
BH sharpshooter II,ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey,widgee i use the same great site i'm also from very upstate ny,foothills of the ADK's :)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
19 Years in Rochester and 13 years in Rome... I miss upstate terribly.

I kind of live through you guys when you post and find stuff... I wish I spent more time there MDing...

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey MONTANA, i'm right between watertown and ogdensburg,and between the rev war,old,old,old and the foundations left over from the depression,its great! :o ;D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
tenbears said:
hey MONTANA, i'm right between watertown and ogdensburg,and between the rev war,old,old,old and the foundations left over from the depression,its great! :o ;D

I know... I know... Grrrrr.....

But, I have some great hunting spots here - not as old - but a ton more productive! All Indian War era stuff... Dn't get me wrong, I wish I could be there too... ;)

tenbears

Mar 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MONTANA JIM ,i love the west,i'm actully really old school,always said i should of been born 1800's! ;D I bet you got some awsome spots! 8) ::)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Yes... true.

Have you seen my posts and finds?

I still miss the fall colors... nothing beats that, 'I guess 'cept a view of teh ROcky Mountains.

As for living in the 1800s. No way... all the stuff lost then that I dig today - ain't worth crap back then! LMAO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread