Old Permission - Field 4 - Day 1 - Rare Hammered...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot & windy day, fields are still very wet in places, & can't see them drilling anytime soon but we are still targeting those that will be drilled & saving the others for later.
With this in mind, I checked our old maps & targeted a field that had a fair amount of finds in one half of the field & nothing in the other end. We started in an area where we hadn't gridded before & after 1 hour of very little I went to the fallback plan of doing the more productive half. This yielded more results & has encouraged us to do a return trip at some point.
2.5 hrs for me, a little less for Cru'dad.

6 Scrappies
Tudor Clothes Fastener, nice to still have its hook intact
Lead Token with a nice Cockerel on it. Very likely to be a late 17th-early 18th C Pub Token of the Cock Inn.
Rare Heavy Coinage (1461-4) of Edward IV - Half penny Rose Mintmark/Annulets at neck type. A first for the album.:icon_thumright: (found by me)

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

Upvote 21

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot & windy day, fields are still very wet in places, & can't see them drilling anytime soon but we are still targeting those that will be drilled & saving the others for later.
With this in mind, I checked our old maps & targeted a field that had a fair amount of finds in one half of the field & nothing in the other end. We started in an area where we hadn't gridded before & after 1 hour of very little I went to the fallback plan of doing the more productive half. This yielded more results & has encouraged us to do a return trip at some point.
2.5 hrs for me, a little less for Cru'dad.

6 Scrappies
Tudor Clothes Fastener, nice to still have its hook intact
Lead Token with a nice Cockerel on it. Very likely to be a late 17th-early 18th C Pub Token of the Cock Inn.
Rare Heavy Coinage (1461-4) of Edward IV - Half penny Rose Mintmark/Annulets at neck type. A first for the album.:icon_thumright: (found by me)

View attachment 2141775 View attachment 2141776 View attachment 2141777 View attachment 2141778 View attachment 2141779 View attachment 2141780
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I've seen you find and post so many coins over the years ...its amazing still that there are still a few you have not found( yet)
Filling a hole in a personal coin collection is always satisfying.
Nice little coin, it deserves a place in a proper album

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never a boring post when you two have your coils to the soil.
Congrats on the first of and thanks for keeping us in your loop of finds.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations once again guys! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Love the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions