old photo help needed

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
This was in my mothers things when she passed in may 2007.I had never seen it before.Her mother was a couson to mickey mantle.my grandmother alway had apicture of mickey which she showed me many times.I hope i did this right because i've only posted a couple time.Thank you if you can help.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 314

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might try posting this in the What Is It? forum.
The folks there love to research this kind of thing.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to put some sort of a "watermark" or something on the photo you post here. If it IS a never before seen photo of Mickey Mantle, you don't want others making copies and trying to sell them until you have had it checked and appraised! Could be worth some money!

OP
OP
C

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
the whole picture isnt on there,this is an orginal picture but what i want to know for sure is this mickey?thank you for
reply.Anfd thanks for your suggestion.

OP
OP
C

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
i dont believe my mother would have had a picture of roger maris,but thanks for the comeback.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The name looks like NATHAN's. Famous Coney Island hot dog kings. Probably the sponsor...

OP
OP
C

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
no i couldn't make out all the words,all tho i've look hard to find something like it.cant make out first letters.

OP
OP
C

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
thanks for the reply,myself i have compared the cheek bones ,ears and rest of facial features i believe its him,but dont want to say until i'm sure.

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like Mickey to me. Name on jersey appears to be Be_nnans. Doesn't match any of teams he ever played for.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Tecnnan's it appears to be. I don't know dip about baseball, but it appears to be a gold coin on the fence by his right cuff. By the way, he's a right hander. Frank

View attachment 718345 Judgeing from the quality of the image, I would gess that it is not a commercial print.

Attachments

• 111-1 profile.jpg
    111-1 profile.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like Mantle. The first letter certainly looks like "B". He threw right and was a switch hitter. But as someone mentioned, the jersey name does not match any team he played for.

OP
OP
C

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
i belive the first letter is a B too there is or was a famous restarant in st louis and texas i believe,id have to look it up again but i think its spelled bennans. was wondering maybe he did an advertizing thing for them.Just guessing wish,i could find out.Thanks guys keep diggin!

OP
OP
C

countrygrammy

Sep 15, 2006
the speeling would be Brennans but im not sure if the restarant has be in bussiness long enough,just thought it was an

ideal.

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres one from google
images

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread