Old pipe thing

Lonewolf83

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5056A894-7823-4EF1-B0C9-4E36675EEC8B.jpeg 55581CB1-37EC-44B5-AD36-3CB9D6AF848E.jpeg 2CE91387-0A6A-44E1-B7C5-140B31A2F722.jpeg

What is this pipe? Found in gramps safe.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Lonewolf8! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - I found a bunch of "wooden" pipes with crazy designs BUT your picture looks like metal - is it metal (aluminum)?

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Unfortunately, you didn't say what type material your pipe is made from, nor did you offer any dimensions. :icon_scratch:
It looks to be a home-made piece, as opposed to being commercially produced or commissioned for a group.
Stylistically your pipe would date to the mid-19thc, possibly a bit later.

Dave

Upvote 0

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know who made it or when, but that thing is super cool! Is it wood or stone? I do a little wood carving and I can really appreciate the work it took to relieve that snake. Gary

Upvote 0

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like a gavel, maybe to call the Slytherin House to order at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. ?

Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I may be wrong, and hope I am, but I think it's supposed to be an American Indian pipe but it looks to me like it came from Mexico. If it came from Mexico maybe it's a real one from South of the border. Regardless it's a neat find...d2

Upvote 0

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really hate to be the one to break it to you , but this is a pipe that came in a huge display of them from Guatemala . i used to have a hole set , not really old . maby 1970ish. I gave my set away and later found out the guy separated them out to every pawn shop he could find.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks like metal to me. I read where in the old old days people smoked metal pipes to keep their hands warm as well. That's a nice specimen.Congrats

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Lonewolf83

Tenderfoot
Oct 26, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This pipe is made from clay. Some Indian head collector we emailed came to check it out today. He would not stop trying to buy it. Got quite aggravated with him. Even told him before he got here I’m just looking for more info. All I know is he bought it in the 70’s at some auction in New York called Chris or something like that. And I bluntly remember him saying pre Colombian. The guy that came said that should be about right. But the tribe would be hard to figure out.

Upvote 0

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! Interesting post, but definitely looks modern drug culture!

Best wishes and good luck!

Upvote 0

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Well It's yours so it can be what ever you want until you sell it, then it's up to the buyer to figure out what it is.
Great piece
Hang on to it and enjoy the memories....

Upvote 0

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This pipe is made from clay. Some Indian head collector we emailed came to check it out today. He would not stop trying to buy it. Got quite aggravated with him. Even told him before he got here I’m just looking for more info. All I know is he bought it in the 70’s at some auction in New York called Chris or something like that. And I bluntly remember him saying pre Colombian. The guy that came said that should be about right. But the tribe would be hard to figure out.

No ideal of what it is or how old.

The guy wanted to buy it so badly, I bet he low ball you no a price. It might be worth some $$$.

Neat looking pipe.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread