Old Portrait - Need Help With Year

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this may be from the Edwardian era 1901 - 1920 from the hair style & dress but am not 100% sure. Also I'm not sure what type of media was used, looks like maybe pencil and even with picture in hand it is hard to tell. The back of the card stock has a blurry wood grain pattern and so far I have not been able to find when that pattern was first used. There is a bit of damage (which is expected if from the Edwardian or Victorian period) and also someone in their wise wisdom painted a couple of green stripes on it. Any and all help, comments welcome as I am considering on having this restored..Size is 16" x 20"..Also any idea's who this may be, it came from the Los Angles area. Thanks in advance to all....

AA 1 Sized.JPG AA 2 Sized.JPG AA 4 Sized.JPG AA 3 Sized.JPG

Last edited:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Cariboo,

I'm thinking right in the middle of your timeline. Her hairstyle, and the natural shoulder shirtwaist and tie say 1905-1912 to me.

She has the look of a manipulated photograph with hand drawn embellishments.

A glowingly pretty young lady.

workersonstrike.jpg 1905c%u00252B-%2BNellie%2BConcidine.jpg 1910.jpg march-after-triangle.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks surf, excellent comparison pictures for that era. I think you nailed it with photograph & hand drawn areas. I have sent a question to "Ask the experts" so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.. I've pretty much made up my mind to have this restored and preserved as for me it is a thing of quality & beauty.. Sure would be nice one day to find out who this is... Thanks again....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread