The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? ? ?On the way to the old cellar holes ,I was undicided on what I was going to do when I get there. So when I arrived? I decided to dig in an area behind the cellar hole, where I have found some pottery in the past while digging.? So I started to dig down at least 10 to 14 inches and I started finding all kinds of pottery ,Pipe stems and nails like crazy .? Now you see why you have problems around those old foundations and can't pick up any signals where all those nails are laying.? ?Dating back to the time period of the early 1800's? this site had all kinds of? "I want to say traffic" with the amount of items that I dug out of an area only 3 ft by 5 ft , and the other area I dug was 3 ft? by 6 ft.? ?The buttons I would have never hit if I had not dug down and cleared some of the dirt and nails from those areas.? ?
? ? ?As you look at these items that came out , what is the best guess on the "what I call the Bear Claw"? the long white thing that looks like a tooth but I don't think it is and the long copper piece next to the spoons. I have no idea what that was used for?? ?I will try to get back this week since the weather is going to be in the 40's . Hope you enjoy ...... thanks and Keep on Digging!!!!!!!! :D? ? ? ? ?Seeker

Attachments

• Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 011 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 011 Medium Web view.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 981
  • Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 005 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 951
  • Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 009 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 947
  • Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 938
  • Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 006 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place Sifting 1-7-05 006 Medium Web view.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 945
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
So Good to see you out and finding some cool stuff! Even though it's freakin freeezin! ;)

Thanks for sharing your goodies! I love that stuff!

HH,
Moon

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Tsgman

D

doyboy

You worked a good tactic, Seek! By the way, what is up with all the question marks?

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a bunch of stuff!

I heard, a number of years ago, that they excavated under the porch of Abe Lincoln's cabin in Springfield and discovered he had (apparently) used that as a trash dump (food bones, broken dishes...) Maybe you're digging under the porch!

DCMatt

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good place to invest some time and effort!

But MAN!, it has to be cold and hard diggin! I'm fortified in with the fire here in low-central NY. Brrrrrrr.

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Excellant finds! I love the old pottery :). I've been trying to detect cellar holes, but the ground around the holes has been too hard lately :(, but I did manage to find some nails and bowl pieces.

Take care man,

MA_Hunter001

Congrats on the finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread