Old pounded to death yard gave up a bit of silver..!!!

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a very good day. Went to an old site that has been beat and pounded by every detector within 50 miles for several years now. One of those "hunted out" sites for sure. Well, it has been hunted really hard, but it gave up a little bit of silver today. All the easy stuff is gone. Had been there about 45 minutes and pulled a 1939 Mercury dime out of a heavily iron trashed area. Also found a copper plate piece that reads "Anhydrous Ammonia NATIONAL Trade Mark". I don't know what that is yet. Pulled two copper pennies, one clad and one modern nickel. The silver mercury was the highlight for sure. Long time since I've found silver and was very happy to see it. Very enjoyable afternoon.

IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0233.JPG

Thanks.

Upvote 12
Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! It's a great feeling to find silver in those "hunted out" sites!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very pretty Merc dime. Like the copper plate too. Good job pulling some silver from the iron.:headbang:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love when that happens. Just going in a new direction or using a different coil can breathe some life into a previously pounded site.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Merc...congrats on pulling that unit that you know has been missed my many, many coils...Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread