Old Pre 1820 House Hunt with Dman & VOL1266-X

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Old Pre 1820 House Hunt with Dman & VOL1266-X

It was a cloudy day in Tennessee with temps. in the low 50s. I met up with Dman (Doug) and VOL1266-X (Quindy) to hunt an old home site. We had a pretty good day as shown in the first pic. Doug found the old lock parts but he couldn't find the lock plate. He dug several flat buttons and a high dome one that needs to be cleaned before we know what it is. Quindy called me the "Button Master" as I dug the most flat buttons and what looks like the outer brass to a small rosette. I had the biggest flat button but have dug a few bigger and the bottom to the large iron stirrup. Quindy 's best finds were the old knife and what is known as a brass saddle shield here in the second pic but may really be a rein end like the one above it that he dug.
Still no money from that site yet but surely the people who lived there in the early 1800s dropped a few coins. It was just a fun day with friends and we had a good time as usual.

Happy Hunting, Donnie

Attachments

• TDiggerDmanVol.jpg
    TDiggerDmanVol.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,345
  • OldHome.jpg
    OldHome.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,367
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Old Pre 1820 House Hunt with Dman & VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X said:
tennessee digger said:
Dman said:
I really enjoyed hunting but I paid for it today. My leg looks like one of those Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloons. LOL
Dman
D-Man I enjoyed it too but I have to tell you (before Quindy does) that after you left I looked for a while and never got a signal. Checked my detector and found that I had flipped the notch switch down which is a no-no. Looked for a while longer and still wasn't hearing anything then realized that I had turned the machine OFF while telling you bye! Old age sucks!!!!!!!! Tennessee digger

That's the only way that you won't find relics except to take the batteries out-LOL. Some clown whose name starts with a "D' turned off my F75 while you and I were looking at a relic but I knew to always check it based on many trips with him. Stay warm Bud and i'm working on getting info. for our out of state hunt, Quindy.

LMAO!!! You guys are hilarious. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Congrats to all of you just for being able to dig CW relics in January in Tenn. :hello2:
-MM-

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Old Pre 1820 House Hunt with Dman & VOL1266-X

Nice Saves and Good Times!
I got a couple practice .50s, they are lacking a primer & have 2 holes in the sides,
HH Guys !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread