Old Property Book

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thought I'd share with you a few photos of an old book my Dad got a hold of (I don't know how) while he was researching his family tree.

The book is titled "Caldwell's Illustrated Combination Centennial Atlas of Washington Co. Pennsylvania" dated 1876. Washington County is located in the southwestern corner of Pennsylvania and I was born and raised there until I was 15. The book has detailed maps with property owner's names of all the townships and larger towns in the county. The first photo is that of the cover, the second is the inside of the cover, the third is thefolded out, 6 page map of Washington, PA and the fourth is the title page of that map.

Attachments

• Book Cover Resized.JPG
    Book Cover Resized.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 303
  • Inside Cover Resized.JPG
    Inside Cover Resized.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 289
  • County Map Resized.JPG
    County Map Resized.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Title Page Resized.JPG
    Title Page Resized.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 308

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I think ANYONE on here on T-Net would give their LEFT ARM for a book like that of their town!!! Congrats and I hope you make it a key research tool for your area, if that's what it's in regards to!!! 8)

Bran <><

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Wish I could find one for the area I'm in now...700 miles away from Washington County. But there's a member who will probably take a contract out on me so she can have the book.

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Wes, that's an awesome book and you are so nice to share it.
I would enjoy seeing it first hand..just got to find the time to do so.

Posted by: wesfrye53
Wish I could find one for the area I'm in now...700 miles away from Washington County. But there's a member who will probably take a contract out on me so she can have the book.

Now would I do that? :o ;D

DD

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've had to look over my shoulder! But in your case, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Thanks, that looks like a lot of neat stuff. And thanks to Jeff for the add ons.

Burt

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Awesome book. I would keep it as long as you can. I, for one, would give my left arm for a book like that. Will have to find one first. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread