Old Quarters in New Mexico

S

stealthb2000

I found 2 Sitting Liberty Quarters in Monero, New Mexico. This town doesn't exist anymore, well it does exist, there is a sign next to the road, and there are some old buildings, but they have been empty for years. the dates on the Quarters are 1858, and 1877. They were well used. I documented the find on video tape. I have been using a metal detector for many years. I had an article published in the May 1992 issue of the Gold Prospector magagine, on how to boost the audio signal of a metal detector, using a simple audio amplifier from Radio Shack. It was a nice article with pictures. I had people calling me from all over the US because of that article.
I just recently discovered this web site, and I am impressed with what they offer. Thank You Treasurenet.
Bill

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to our crazy world here at treasurenet!! Looking forward to your finds and posts....and we like pics!!!!....and the stories..... :)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post pictures and stories after you publish of course. This is a cool place to express and learn to chase dreams. Burdie

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding old silver...Good thing! Post the pics whwn you get a chance............Seeker ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
We have been patiently waiting for the photos!!! Thanks for the great emails also , I really envy you getting to hunt in such a great area....

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
BILL, Welcome To The Asylum, Best of Luck & Good Hunting. Keep Us Posted. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 050.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 050.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 735
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 050.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 050.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 733

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
im still looking for 1 seated quarter and you found 2 in one day!! id say thats a pretty outsanding outing! great finds!! :)

I

iwearpro

Ghost towns are it! I have a few that I plan on hunting over the next month and plan to document as well.
Great finds and keep huntin!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Where in New Mexico are you from, Stealth? How did you go about getting permission to hunt the ghost town? I know of many such towns right around Clovis, where I'm from, but I have no clue how to track down the owners.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread